Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vintage Vanity Dresser With Mirror


 
Hello, and Welcome to Thrift Store Junkies! Here you will see pictures
for a piece I brought home on Monday, is now in my bedroom, and
waiting for me to clean it more, polish it, put the missing drawer back
into it, and....the bench that came with it I need to get by it too! Those 2 items did not make it into these pictures, sorry. I first seen this I thought of my grandmother, and the bedroom set she use to have that was in such great condition too! She had the vanity, dresser, and the headboard that all matched, great wood color, and I can still remember helping her clean at home, and polishing the set for her too.

So, anyway, hubby told me to get this home it was my anniversary gift. I hesitated as you know how old wood is, seen some flaws with this, seen some minor places where things were done a bit differently. But, still reminded me of grandmother, and fits with our bedroom perfectly!:) I even found her old jewelry box that use to sit in the middle drawer which I have added to this myself too. Only thing grandma didn't have was the bench like I do:)

Thanks for visiting, and hope you enjoyed the visit too! Remember, always welcome to visit my other pages with the clickable tabs at the top, leave comments, share things, and etc. Take care, and see you again. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Day!

    Beautiful dresser! I have the same dresser and I am trying to price it, could you tell me how much you paid for it?

    Thank you so much for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it .I am also looking for a beautiful art deco vanity. Any hints on where to start looking?I live in New York City where antiques are a kings ransom & Iam a semi retired senior any suggestions would b appreciated

    ReplyDelete